A WORD FROM THE DEV TEAM
WATCH OPERATING MODE
1. About the factory mode:
The NOWA watch is packed in factory mode for safe storage and shipment. The watch is powered Off and the hands are not moving.
In the factory mode, the Bluetooth is disabled so your watch won’t link to your smartphone.
To check the battery status in factory mode, short push the crown. If the red LED indicator blinks 4 times slowly (2 secs at 2 Hz), the battery is in good condition (not discharged).
2. Exit the factory mode and activate your watch:
Take out the watch from its box then long press the crown for 3 seconds to exit the factory mode and activate your watch. The red LED indicator blinks 8 times quickly (2 secs at 4 Hz). The hands start spinning and the Bluetooth turns On. The watch is now visible in the Bluetooth device list on the phone.
You can pair and connect your watch using the NOWA watch app.
3. Turn On/Off Bluetooth:
At this point, your watch is now activated (out of factory mode), and the clock is ticking. You can turn Bluetooth On/Off anytime to save the battery.
To turn On/Off Bluetooth of the watch, long press the crown for 3 seconds:
- If the red LED indicator blinks one time, the Bluetooth is disabled.
- If the red LED indicator blinks 8 times quickly (2secs at 4 Hz), the Bluetooth is enabled. The watch is now visible in the Bluetooth device list.
Important note: Turn Bluetooth Off when not using your watch. The main functions of the watch will still work such as displaying time and tracking your activities. It is only necessary to turn On the Bluetooth from time to time to sync data or to use smart features over a short period of time.
4. Check the Bluetooth status:
Short push the crown to check the Bluetooth status in all modes:
- If the red LED indicator doesn’t light on, the Bluetooth is turned Off.
- If the red LED indicator blinks 8 times quickly (2 secs at 4 Hz), the Bluetooth is turned On but not linked.
- If the red LED indicator lights up for 2 seconds (no flashing), the Bluetooth is turned On and the watch is connected.
- If the red LED indicator blinks 4 times slowly (2 secs at 2 Hz), the watch is in factory mode, and the battery is in good condition.
5. Put back the watch in factory mode:
To put back the watch in factory mode, push and hold the crown for 10 seconds until the red LED indicator blinks 7 times. The hands stop spinning and the watch powers Off.
Important note: In factory mode, the hands do not spin so you may think that the watch is damaged, but it’s not. If you put your watch in factory mode by mistake, press and hold the crown for 3 seconds to activate it. You can now pair and connect your watch for automatic time zone sync, activity tracking, sleep quality, and more…
PAIR YOUR WATCH
Important note before pairing your watch:
- For Android phone: Google requires Location service (GPS) to be enabled to pair and connect any Bluetooth device. If location is disabled, the watch can’t connect to your phone.
- For iPhone: If it is not the first time that you are pairing your watch to your iPhone, forget the device Nowa in Bluetooth Settings first before pairing your watch again.
1. Turn On Bluetooth on the phone and launch the NOWA Watch app.
Important note: If you are setting time for the first time, skip the app guidelines for Watch Pairing.
2. Go to App / My watch / Watch Settings / pair and stay on the page Devices Nearby.
Important note: Allow NOWA to access photos, media, files and your location on your device, as well as to take pictures and record video.
3. Take the watch out of the box then push and hold the crown of the watch for more than 3 seconds until the red LED blinks several times. Now, the device can be found and displayed in the device list.
4. Tap on the name Nowa that appears on the page, and the app will start pairing. The Device paired message appears once the watch connects successfully.
Important note: If your watch is not found, Swipe down on Devices Nearby page to search for your device.
5. Push the crown of the watch to confirm connection.
Important note for iPhone: Accept the Pairing request that appears immediately after the watch connection confirmation.
Your watch is now paired and connected to your app. Enjoy your NOWA watch for automatic time zone sync, activity tracking, sleep quality, and more…
SET TIME ON YOUR WATCH
- Pair and connect your watch first before setting the time on your device.
- If you are setting time for the first time, skip the app guidelines.
1. Go to App / Functions / Hands Adjustment and stay on the page Hour hand adjustment.
2. Slide the virtual hand to the same position as the hour hand on your watch. Tap Next.
Important note: You must indicate the time displayed on your watch and not the time that you want to set.
3. Repeat as above in Minute hand adjustment to adjust the minute hand. Tap Next.
4. Then tap OK on Automatic repositioning. The virtual hands should be at the same position as on your watch.
5. If you are setting time for the first time, an introduction of the watch features will display. Swipe left then tap on Start The NOWA Journey. The app switches to the dashboard My Whole Day.
Important note: In the meantime, the hands on your watch turn clockwise to adjust to your time zone provided by your network. When traveling, make sure to set time on your phone first before launching the app and reconnecting your watch.
UPDATE TRACKING DATA
Important note: Pair and connect your watch first before updating tracking data on your device.
1. Turn On Bluetooth on the phone and launch the NOWA Watch app.
2. Turn On Bluetooth on the watch by pushing and holding the crown for 3 seconds.
Your watch automatically reconnects every time you open the NOWA app with Bluetooth enabled.
3. Swipe down on My Whole Day page to sync data.
- It is normal for reconnection to take a few seconds. To speed reconnection, simply push the watch crown to wake up the device.
- Sync your watch with the app at least once a week.
4. Once the data downloaded, turn Off Bluetooth on your watch by pressing the crown again for 3 seconds.
To save battery life: Turn Off Bluetooth on your watch when not connecting the app (The watch still tracks your activities). The NOWA watch is designed to track your daily activity and for smart features (call reject, camera control) during a short period of time. We do not recommend you to keep your watch always connected. You can connect the app from time to time (once a day) to collect data.
Enjoy your NOWA watch for activity tracking, sleep quality, and more…
AUTO TIME ZONE UPDATE
The NOWA watch is designed with a snap off type case back and works with a standard CR2025 e-cell. To ensure water resistance and product integrity, bring your watch to an authorized watch shop to change the battery.
- Flat blade opening tool
- Thin screw driver
- Watch case holder
- Watch press repair tool
- Water resistant testing tool